Migraine during pregnancy in general and right migraine during pregnancy, in particular, is a common condition that most pregnant women experience. The main cause is usually due to changes in hormone levels in the body, nutrition, living environment, etc. If the disease is prolonged without treatment, it can cause dangerous complications for the health of the patient both mother and fetus.
Causes of Right Migraine During Pregnancy
In pregnant women, migraines are often caused by causes such as:
Hormonal changes in the body cause symptoms such as migraine, throbbing headache with nausea, vomiting. This is often the cause of migraine headaches during the first 3 months of pregnancy.
- Lack of nutrients and improper meals leads to low blood sugar, causing migraines.
- If pregnant women use coffee, stimulant drinks, stay up late, don't get enough sleep, etc.
- Not drinking enough water
- Stress, anxiety, pressure, fatigue, thinking a lot during pregnancy causes blood to suddenly flow to the brain, causing pregnant women to have migraines.
If you experience migraines during pregnancy with symptoms such as vision changes, urine abnormalities, liver or kidney abnormalities, it could be a symptom of preeclampsia. You need to see a doctor for proper examination and treatment.
How To Relieve Right Migraine During Pregnancy
Migraine headaches during pregnancy can be relieved by applying the following ways:
Drink enough water needed for the body, can add filtered water, fruit juices, vegetable broth. Limit the use of bottled water, drinks containing a lot of sugar, carbonated drinks, stimulant drinks.
- Get enough sleep from 7-10 hours a day, an airy and quiet bedroom will help pregnant women sleep better. In addition, do not take a nap for more than 1 hour, it will make you feel tired when you wake up.
- Using a cool towel to cover your head when resting is one of the most effective ways to treat headaches for pregnant women.
- Applying a hot pack to the temples and neck area helps to reduce migraine pain during pregnancy.
- Shower with warm water.
- Adequately replenish nutrients in daily meals, especially iron-rich foods such as broccoli, spinach, sugarcane for better blood circulation to the brain.
- Have a reasonable rest regime, don't think heavily about problems, limit doing too stressful jobs during this period.
- Practice with gentle movements such as yoga, meditation, walking to move the body, reduce pressure and be more comfortable.
- Use some herbs such as white chrysanthemum, etc. However, it is necessary to consult a doctor before using.
For cases of right migraine during pregnancy, the doctor may prescribe medication to treat. Patients absolutely do not arbitrarily use pain relievers or headache medications without the permission of the doctor.
Although the right migraine during pregnancy is not too dangerous, if it persists and is accompanied by symptoms of high fever, nausea, dizziness, etc., it is necessary to see a doctor as soon as possible. Absolutely do not be subjective because this can be a warning sign of some other dangerous disease.
To learn more information on our services and medical check-up package promotion, please visit here.
The site cannot and does not contain medical advice. The medical information is provided for general informational and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. Accordingly, before taking any actions based upon such information. We encourage you to consult with the appropriate professionals.