Common mistakes in the concept that allergies should have abstained! When you test and get an accurate quantitative result, which can be used to the extent permitted, life becomes easier!
Allergy is not a dangerous disease but causes a lot of troubles in life, significantly affecting children and pregnant women.
- If you are ordinary, allergy testing will help you live a more comfortable life, limiting unnecessary dietary restrictions.
- If you are a person with an underlying medical condition, allergy testing will see how balanced and appropriate your healthcare needs are, avoiding complications and making treatment go more smoothly.
- If you are a clean eater, then quantitative allergy testing is essential for a healthy body to meet your needs.
- If you are a housewife, it will be easy to choose nutritious food, take care of the health of family members with a history or risk of allergies, and provide appropriate meals for young children,…
- Test to see if you are allergic
- Get tested to see if you are at risk for allergies
- Have allergy symptoms?
3.1 Quantitative testing helps to re-adjust the proper nutrition for the body
Suppose there is a history of allergic diseases such as seafood allergy, milk allergy, or food allergy. In that case, we will have a habit of avoiding that type of food in the body, leading to a long-term nutritional imbalance. So, the quantitative allergy test is the basis to check whether the body at this time has changed and the ability to supplement how much nutrition has been lacking over time.
3.2 Handling emergencies when host factor changes
Check to see if the body has changed to handle emergencies such as before without an allergy to alcohol, seafood and later, the body has an allergy that has not been detected, leading to the effect of the underlying disease without knowing it, making it difficult to definitively treat the underlying condition as well as unexpected anaphylactic reactions.
3.3 Post-operative complications that change the body
After the surgery, the body injury will not be the same as the original condition. It is necessary to abstain from food to quickly recover and limit complications and sequelae. Quantitative allergy testing is required to ensure a completely healthy and safe body.
4. Signs and Symptoms of Allergies
Allergy symptoms depend on the allergen and the part affected, such as the airways, sinuses, nasal passages, skin, or digestive system. Allergic reactions can range from mild to severe, and an anaphylactic reaction can be life-threatening in extreme cases.
Reference link for allergy knowledge:
- What is allergy testing? Common allergy tests: https://www.diag.vn/thong-tin-suc-khoe/chan-doan-xet-nghiem/xet-nghiem-di-ung
- What are allergies in children? 5 common allergies in children: https://www.diag.vn/thong-tin-suc-khoe/san-phu-va-nhi-khoa/di-ung-o-tre
- Milk allergy in children and what parents need to know: https://www.diag.vn/thong-tin-suc-khoe/san-phu-va-nhi-khoa/di-ung-sua
- Food allergy screening test methods: https://www.diag.vn/thong-tin-suc-khoe/chan-doan-xet-nghiem/phuong-phap-xet-nghiem-sang-loc- study
- Seafood allergy screening and what to know: https://www.diag.vn/thong-tin-suc-khoe/chan-doan-xet-nghiem/xet-nghiem-sang-loc-di- ung-hai-san
- Dog allergy test and information to know: https://www.diag.vn/thong-tin-suc-khoe/chan-doan-xet-nghiem/xet-nghiem-di-ung-long-cho
- Allergy screening tests and things to know: https://www.diag.vn/thong-tin-suc-khoe/chan-doan-xet-nghiem/xet-nghiem-sang-loc-di-ung
When your body shows signs or suspects that you have an allergic reaction, you should actively carry out tests to check and protect the health of yourself and your loved ones.
5. Allergy Tests at Diag Laboratories
5.1 What is basic allergy testing?
Basic allergy testing is an effective health protection method to check for medical conditions. From there, the doctor will give appropriate advice based on the test results to help the patient prevent disease and promptly treat it.
5.2 What is intensive allergy testing?
In addition to basic allergy testing, many customers choose in-depth allergy testing to help assess their current health in more detail and determine the risk of pathogens without missing any underlying medical conditions.
Adequate specific screening for early diagnosis of various diseases is of great value in increasing the chances of more effective treatment.
5.3 Difference between basic and advanced allergy testing
Basic allergy testing: Qualitative test (only positive/negative results are known), screening for allergies to one or more factors in the primary groups the customer chooses to diagnose.
- Check the condition and diagnose the disease.
- The doctor advises on prevention solutions and appropriate treatment regimens.
- When testing the basics, the doctor will order in-depth testing in case the function of some organs is suspected and harmful factors to find out the disease.
In-depth allergy testing: Quantitative tests, the results of which are specific to the allergen.
- Advanced disease screening, assessment, and screening to detect pathogens and potential risks.
- Doctors easily give early treatment regimens and timely prevention when the disease is at an early stage. This helps reduce the cost and time of visits when detecting the disease at a late stage, increasing the chances of recovery and effective treatment.
Below is a common scale for normal or abnormal results.
|0||< 0.1 kU/L |
0.1 – 0.34
|Not detected |
|I||0.35 – 0.69 kU / L||Low positivity|
|II||0.70 – 3.49 kU / L||Moderately positive|
|III||3.50 – 17.49 kU / L||High positivity|
|IV||17.5 – 52.49 kU / L||Very high positivity|
|V||52.5 – 99.99 kU / L||Very high positivity|
|VI||≥ 100 kU / L||Very high positivity|
“Prevention is better than cure”, specialized testing is a great solution that brings many benefits to customers:
- Overall health assessment, helping to adjust diet and living habits.
- Detect early signs of damage to the body and related underlying diseases.
- Timely detect potential pathogens of dangerous diseases shorten the treatment time and increase the ability to cure entirely and quickly recover from the illness.
Allergy testing is important to help screen and diagnose diseases quickly and accurately. Diag Laboratories is available in 2 types with different allergy testing panels:
5.3.1. Basic (Including 04 panels)
- Seafood (Salmon, tuna, cod, shrimp, green mussel)
- Egg custard (Peanuts, soybeans, rice, egg whites, wheat, milk)
- Grass (Vernal sweetgrass, velvet grass, Timothy grass, 2 types of rye)
- Molds (5 types of mold)
5.3.2. Advanced (Including 08 panels)
- Daily food (soy, peanut, rice, gluten, egg white, egg, milk, tuna, shrimp, beef, chicken, pork, tomato, mushroom)
- Nuts and grains (soy, peanut, rice, gluten, almond, hazelnut, sesame)
- Eggs and dairy foods (Almonds, hazelnuts, egg whites, custards)
- Seafood package (Octopus, salmon, crab, shrimp)
- Meats (Eggs, beef, chicken, pork)
- Fruits and vegetables (Tomato, carrot, orange, coconut, mushroom, pineapple, mango)
- Pet and animal (House dust, dog hair, chicken feathers, cat hair, duck feathers, house dust mites, three types of house dust mites)
Currently, Diag Laboratories has more than 25 branches spread throughout Ho Chi Minh and neighboring provinces such as Dong Nai, Binh Duong, Can Tho, Tien Giang, Vung Tau,.. See here for more details.