The dengue fever profile diagnostic test package assists patients in detecting the disease early and developing an appropriate treatment plan. Furthermore, it prevents life-threatening complications caused by dengue fever. This is a critical test package for both patients and doctors.
- Frequency of implementation: It should be performed when symptoms are suspected and in endemic areas.
- Gender: Male, Female
- Age: All ages
- Results: 1 hour after the laboratory receives the sample
1. Test package overview
Dengue profile diagnostic is a test kit used to detect dengue fever early. As a result, it aids in the provision of timely treatment regimens, thereby avoiding potentially fatal complications. It also aids doctors in correctly diagnosing and treating patients.
2. Who should get tested?
Dengue diagnostic test packages are available for people of all ages who have symptoms such as:
- Recurring high fever reaching 40 degrees (antipyretics do not work)
- Headache, joint, and muscle paint
- Nausea and vomiting
Or the patients exhibit symptoms of dengue fever. Testing is required to detect the disease early and provide an effective treatment plan.
3. What does the dengue profile diagnostic test panel include?
Dengue diagnostic test panel at Diag Laboratories includes:
- CBC (Complete blood count)
- Dengue virus NS1 antigen (Dengue NS1)
- Anti-dengue IgG + IgM antibodies (Dengue IgG + IgM)
4. What do the dengue fever test results mean?
The diagnostic test indicators for dengue fever will mean:
- Complete Blood Count (CBC): To evaluate the parameters of blood cell components such as white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets. A test is used to monitor, diagnose, assess and prognosticate.
- Dengue NS1: A test to detect antigens of the virus that causes dengue fever.
- Dengue IgG/IgM: Quantitative test for IgG/IgM antibodies of dengue virus.
5. Frequently asked questions
- Who should undergo diagnostic testing for dengue?
The test panel is eligible for people of all ages presenting with a high fever, headache, rash, or nausea.
- Does the patient need to do anything to prepare for the test?
The answer is no. Patients do not need to fast before taking samples.
- What sample should be taken to diagnose dengue fever?
The patient needs to give blood and urine samples for testing.
- How long does it take to get test results?
It usually takes about 1 hour from when the laboratory receives the sample.
6. Why should you choose to test at Diag Laboratories?
- Diag has cutting-edge analysis systems like Alinity (Abbott), Cobas 8000 (Roche), among others, to ensure the most timely and accurate results
- The laboratory has certificates of test quality, such as ISO 15189, EQA.
- Benefit from consultation with a group of skilled and experienced healthcare professionals and medical technicians.
- Home sampling service saves you time and effort.
- Text messages are used to communicate test results in a simple and discreet manner.
Diag Laboratories has over 25 branches in various provinces and cities, such as Ho Chi Minh City, Vung Tau, Da Nang, and Can Tho, helping you make convenient choices.
If you notice any abnormal signs in your body, please go to Diag Laboratories or call our hotline on 19001717 as soon as possible for assistance and to schedule an appointment.